|Japanese Name||御庭 つみき|
|Romanized Name||Miniwa Tsumiki|
|English Name||Tsumiki Miniwa|
Tsumiki Miniwa (御庭 つみき Miniwa Tsumiki) is the main protagonist of Acchi Kocchi. She is a student at the Nekoge Prefectural High School, along with Io Otonashi, Mayoi Katase, Hime Haruno and Sakaki Inui.
She forms cat ears and a cat tail from time to time, often when she sees Io. At all other times, though, she has a large, swirly ahoge on the top of her head. She usually wears the Nekoge Prefectural High School uniform and is shown wearing the version with a sweater during the winter (as opposed to wearing the winter version with a jacket).
She is aggressive to the point of violence towards acts of teasing. This is exemplified when the teasing is about Tsumiki and Io's relationship and interactions. She often tries to hide her feelings and comes off as distant, and rarely smiles, compared to the rest of the cast. She cares for her friends, however, as it is shown where she forgets her chocolates, but tells Hime to give hers anyways, since Hime put in the effort.
Tsumiki likes fortunes but does not put too much faith in them, even though she acts on them. She loves cute things and stuffed animals, which is shown in both the first episode (This place ⇔ That place) and the eighth episode (Summer Homework ⇔ Summer Festival).
Tsumiki is often short-tempered towards Mayoi, who constantly teases her about her feelings for Io. When Io gets confused about her advances and makes her feel embarrassed, she bites him on the head, among other things. Tsumiki is much more patient with Hime, as the worst seen outlash towards her is shouting or squishing her face.
She is much more of a kuudere in the manga, where she often strikes Mayoi over mild teasings and seems to bite Io's head a lot more than she does in the anime.
- Io Otonashi - Io is the target of Tsumiki's intense crush, though he almost always fails to see the signs, even when Mayoi teases both of them about it, much to her dismay and frustration. Despite this, Io's attitude and disposition towards her is a lot friendlier than towards other characters. Io thinks Tsumiki is cute and often gives her a pat on the head, which she enjoys greatly.
- Mayoi Katase - Mayoi often teases Tsumiki about her crush on Io, which, more often than not, earns her a devastating blow from the former. However, they both care about each other and are always seen hanging out.
- Hime Haruno - Hime is Tsumiki's close friend, whom she always seems to be around. Hime is one of the few people who have never (purposefully) teased Tsumiki about her crush on Io, thus making her much less of a target than the runny-mouthed Mayoi, though in the manga Tsumiki has threatened to hit her and "squished" Hime's face when she found out that Hime was hiding Io's part-time job.
- Sakaki Inui - Sakaki often hangs out with Tsumiki, though the two did not really share any interactions with each other, as Sakaki is more commonly seen around Io or Mayoi. Sakaki knows about Tsumiki's crush and sometimes attempts to help by persuading the emotionally-dense Io to go out with her.
- In both anime and manga publications of the series, Tsumiki's ahoge disappears when her cat ears come up. During the entire anime, she is pictured with either the ahoge or the cat ears. However, in the manga, it is not always present.
- Tsumiki displays an unusual level of strength for her size, often demonstrated at Mayoi's expense. She also seems to have some mysterious powers. However, this is never acknowledged in the anime. Her odd magical powers are never acknowledged either. This is most likely due to them being considered gags.
- She is shown to be a good cook and a smart student, placing first in class ranks in terms of academics.
- She makes cat noises when she flusters, fitting into the series' cat theme.
- Tsumiki is left-handed.
- Tsumiki is often compared to Konata Izumi from the Lucky Star series, due to the shared traits of long hair and "flat," or disinterested eye designs.
Also look in the Tsumiki image section.
|Tsumiki Miniwa - Io Otonashi - Mayoi Katase - Hime Haruno - Sakaki Inui|
|Saki Sakimori - Ami Kirino - Kikue Sakuragawa - Kyōya Saibara - Miiko Inui - Kana Miyama|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found